Subject: Re: [OMPI users] configure: error: Could not run a simple Fortran program. Aborting.
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres) (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-12-02 15:47:22

On Dec 2, 2013, at 3:00 PM, Raiden Hasegawa <raiden.hasegawa_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Thanks, Jeff. The compiler does in fact work when running the troublesome line in ./configure.

Errr... I'm not sure how to parse that. The config.log you cited shows that the compiler does *not* work in configure:

-----
configure:29606: checking if Fortran compiler works
configure:29635: /usr/local/bin/gfortran -o conftest conftest.f >&5
  "__gfortran_set_options", referenced from:
      _main in cccSAmNO.o
configure:29635: $? = 1
configure: program exited with status 1
configure: failed program was:
| program main
|
| end
configure:29651: result: no
configure:29665: error: Could not run a simple Fortran program. Aborting.
-----

Did you typo and mean that the compiler does work when outside of configure, and fails when it is inside configure?

> I haven't set either FC, FCFLAGS nor do I have LD_LIBRARY_PATH set in my .bashrc. Do you have any thoughts on what environmental variable may trip this up?

Do you have DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH set?