Subject: Re: [OMPI users] configure: error: Could not run a simple Fortran program. Aborting.
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres) (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-12-02 11:23:54

It looks like your Fortran compiler installation is borked. Have you tested with the same test program that configure used?

       program main

       end

Put that in a simple "conftest.f" file, and try the same invocation line that configure used:

    /usr/local/bin/gfortran -o conftest conftest.f

Does that work?

If that works and does not yield the same error that configure saw, then perhaps there is some environment variable(s) that are/were present when you run configure that are not present when you try the test manually...?