Subject: Re: [OMPI users] configure: error: Could not run a simple Fortran program. Aborting.
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres) (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-12-02 11:23:54

It looks like your Fortran compiler installation is borked. Have you tested with the same test program that configure used?

       program main

Put that in a simple "conftest.f" file, and try the same invocation line that configure used:

    /usr/local/bin/gfortran -o conftest conftest.f

Does that work?

If that works and does not yield the same error that configure saw, then perhaps there is some environment variable(s) that are/were present when you run configure that are not present when you try the test manually...?

On Dec 1, 2013, at 8:51 AM, Raiden Hasegawa <raiden.hasegawa_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Hi All, new to the list here. I'm running into an error while trying to configure:
> shell$ ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/Cellar/open-mpi/1.7.3 --disable-silent-rules --enable-ipv6
> Here is a blurb from the config.log (which I have attached as well):
> configure:29606: checking if Fortran compiler works
> configure:29635: /usr/local/bin/gfortran -o conftest conftest.f >&5
> "__gfortran_set_options", referenced from:
> _main in cccSAmNO.o
> configure:29635: $? = 1
> configure: program exited with status 1
> configure: failed program was:
> | program main
> |
> | end
> configure:29651: result: no
> configure:29665: error: Could not run a simple Fortran program. Aborting.
> I have tested my gfortran compiler on some simple "Hello World" programs and it works just fine. I am having trouble diagnosing the problem and any and all help would be appreciated. Here are my specs:
> mac os x 10.8.4
> gcc and gfortran 4.8.2 (both installed using homebrew)
> open-mpi 1.7.3
> Best,
> Raiden

For corporate legal information go to: