Subject: Re: [OMPI users] [EXTERNAL] Re: open-mpi on Mac OS 10.9 (Mavericks)
From: Meredith, Karl (karl.meredith_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-11-25 09:09:59

I do have DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH set to the same paths as LD_LIBRARY_PATH. This does not resolve the problem. The code still hangs on MPI::Init().

Another thing I tried is I recompiled openmpi with the debug flags activated:
./configure --prefix=$HOME/tools/openmpi --enable-debug
make
make install

Then, I attached to the running process using gdb. I tried to do a back trace and see where it was hanging up at, but all I got was this:
Attaching to process 45231
Reading symbols from /Users/meredithk/tools/openmpi-1.6.5/examples/hello_cxx...Reading symbols from /Users/meredithk/tools/openmpi-1.6.5/examples/hello_cxx.dSYM/Contents/Resources/DWARF/hello_cxx...done.
done.
0x00007fff8c1859aa in ?? ()
(gdb) bt
#0 0x00007fff8c1859aa in ?? ()
#1 0x0000000106b73ea0 in ?? ()
#2 0x706d6e65706f2f2f in ?? ()
#3 0x0000000000000001 in ?? ()
#4 0x0000000000000000 in ?? ()

This output from gdb was not terribly helpful to me.

Karl

On Nov 25, 2013, at 8:30 AM, Hammond, Simon David (-EXP) <sdhammo_at_[hidden]<mailto:sdhammo_at_[hidden]>> wrote:

We have occasionally had a problem like this when we set LD_LIBRARY_PATH only. On OSX you may need to set DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH instead ( set it to the same lib directory )

Can you try that and see if it resolves the problem?

Si Hammond
Sandia National Laboratories
Remote Connection