Subject: Re: [OMPI users] open-mpi on Mac OS 10.9 (Mavericks)
From: Meredith, Karl (karl.meredith_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-11-25 08:25:07

I do have these two environment variables set:

Running mpirun seems to work fine with a simple command, like hostname:

$ )mpirun -n 2 hostname

I am trying to run the simple hello_cxx example from the openmpi distribution, compiled as such:
mpic++ -g -o hello_cxx

It compiles fine, without warning or error. However, when I go to run the example, it stalls on the MPI::Init() command:
mpirun -np 1 hello_cxx
It never errors out or crashes. It simply hangs.

I am using the same mpic++ and mpirun version:
$ )which mpirun

$ )which mpic++

Not quite sure what else to check.