Subject: Re: [OMPI users] MPI process hangs if OpenMPI is compiled with --enable-thread-multiple
From: Jed Brown (jedbrown_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-11-24 16:03:57

Ralph Castain <rhc_at_[hidden]> writes:

> Given that we have no idea what Homebrew uses, I don't know how we
> could clarify/respond.

Pierre provided a link to MacPorts saying that all of the following
options were needed to properly enable threads.

 --enable-event-thread-support --enable-opal-multi-threads --enable-orte-progress-threads --enable-mpi-thread-multiple

If that is indeed the case, and if passing some subset of these options
results in deadlock, it's not exactly user-friendly.

Maybe --enable-mpi-thread-multiple is enough, in which case MacPorts is
doing something needlessly complicated and Pierre's link was a red
herring?