Subject: Re: [OMPI users] MPI process hangs if OpenMPI is compiled with --enable-thread-multiple
From: Jed Brown (jedbrown_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-11-24 15:43:21

Pierre Jolivet <jolivet_at_[hidden]> writes:
> It looks like you are compiling Open MPI with Homebrew. The flags they use in the formula when --enable-mpi-thread-multiple is wrong.
> c.f. a similar problem with MacPorts https://lists.macosforge.org/pipermail/macports-tickets/2013-June/138145.html.

If these "wrong" configure flags cause deadlock, wouldn't you consider
it to be an Open MPI bug? In decreasing order of preference, I would
say

1. simple configure flags work to enable feature

2. configure errors due to inconsistent flags

3. configure succeeds, but feature is not actually enabled (so no
   deadlock, though this is arguably already a bug)