Subject: [OMPI users] open-mpi on Mac OS 10.9 (Mavericks)
From: Meredith, Karl (karl.meredith_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-11-22 16:45:53

I recently upgraded my 2013 Macbook Pro (Retina display) from 10.8 to 10.9. I downloaded and installed openmpi-1.6.5 and compiled it with gcc 4.8 (gcc installed from macports).
openmpi compiled and installed without error.

However, when I try to run any of the example test cases, the code gets stuck inside the first MPI::Init() call and never returns.

Any thoughts on what might be going wrong?

The same install on OS 10.8 works fine and the example test cases run without error.

Karl