Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Prototypes for Fortran MPI_ commands using 64-bit indexing
From: George Bosilca (bosilca_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-11-12 04:42:46

On Nov 12, 2013, at 00:38 , Jeff Squyres (jsquyres) <jsquyres_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> 2. In the 64 bit case, you'll have a difficult time extracting the MPI status values from the 8-byte INTEGERs in the status array in Fortran (because the first 2 of 3 each really be 2 4-byte integers).

My understanding is that in Fortran explicitly types variables will retain their expected size. Thus, instead of declaring

one should go for

This should make it work right now. However, it is a non-standard solution, and we should fix the status handling internally in Open MPI.

Looking at the code I think that correctly detecting the type of our ompi_fortran_integer_t during configure (which should be a breeze if the correct flags are passed) should solve all issues here as we are protecting the status conversion between C and Fortran.

Jim, can you go in the include directory on your Open MPI installation and grep for the definition of ompi_fortran_integer_t please.