Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Conflict between OpenMPI 1.7.3 and libevent
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres) (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-11-05 14:22:31

On Nov 5, 2013, at 11:00 AM, Dominique Orban <dominique.orban_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> I'm installing in a fresh location and include/event2 is still there. I don't speak configure so I may be doing something wrong. It's enough to change the, isn't it?

No, it may well not be sufficient. If you don't have the same version of automake that we used to make the 1.7 tarball, then automake won't re-generate (and Makefile) from the during "make", and therefore it'll still use the old rules to install the $prefix/include/event2 directory.

You'll probably need to patch the (to not install the event2 directory), then run configure, and then you'll be good. Ick. :-\

On the trunk, I currently get no $prefix/include/event2 directory when I "make install".

Jeff Squyres
For corporate legal information go to: