Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Conflict between OpenMPI 1.7.3 and libevent
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres) (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-11-05 14:22:31

On Nov 5, 2013, at 11:00 AM, Dominique Orban <dominique.orban_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> I'm installing in a fresh location and include/event2 is still there. I don't speak configure so I may be doing something wrong. It's enough to change the Makefile.am, isn't it?

No, it may well not be sufficient. If you don't have the same version of automake that we used to make the 1.7 tarball, then automake won't re-generate Makefile.in (and Makefile) from the Makefile.am during "make", and therefore it'll still use the old rules to install the $prefix/include/event2 directory.

You'll probably need to patch the Makefile.in (to not install the event2 directory), then run configure, and then you'll be good. Ick. :-\

On the trunk, I currently get no $prefix/include/event2 directory when I "make install".