Subject: Re: [OMPI users] ORTE_ERROR_LOG
From: Tommi Laiho (tommilaiho_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-10-25 06:52:13

Hi.

Yes I really put two mpiruns to the line. A newbie error, many thanks for help.

But now this seems to work:

/opt/openmpi-1.6.5/bin/mpirun -hostfile /home/tommi2/Desktop/machinefile -np 14 icofoam cavity -parallel

Anyway now when I try connect with this script to the slave computer it first asks for my password and it will be correctly.

Then nothing just happens..maybe the master machine tries to connect to the slave machine but connection just cant
be established. I disabled the firewall just to see if that was the reason but it didn't help.

Any ideas what is still wrong?

From: rhc_at_[hidden]
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2013 02:13:58 -0700
To: users_at_[hidden]

I see two "mpirun" cmds on that cmd line - is that a copy/paste error or did you really put two of them on one line?

On Oct 24, 2013, at 10:27 PM, Tommi Laiho <tommilaiho_at_[hidden]> wrote:Hi

I am trying to setup a simple two machines home cluster. Later I may increase the number to 4 machines.

I have a bridged modem so each of my machines has its own ip.

My target is now to calculate a simple OpenFOAM tutorial with two computers and together with 14 cores.

However when I run:

mpirun /opt/openmpi-1.6.5/bin/mpirun -hostfile /home/tommi2/Desktop/machinefile -np 14 icofoam cavity -parallel

I get this kind of error:

[caelinux:31859] [[43391,1],0] ORTE_ERROR_LOG: A message is attempting to be sent to a process whose contact information is unknown in file rml_oob_send.c at line 104
[caelinux:31859] [[43391,1],0] could not get route to [[INVALID],INVALID]
[caelinux:31859] [[43391,1],0] ORTE_ERROR_LOG: A message is attempting to be sent to a process whose contact information is unknown in file base/plm_base_proxy.c at line 81

Please tell me what to do in order to fix this and thanks in advance. The reason is probably simple cos I am a Linux newbie.