From: Jai Dayal (dayalsoap_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-10-23 14:10:32

The version of Open MPI I'm using is
mpiexec (OpenRTE) 1.6.5

It's what's offered on this smaller batch scheduling cluster at Oak Ridge
(Sith to be exact).

Running the ompi_info command, I get

          Thread support: posix (MPI_THREAD_MULTIPLE: no, progress: no)
   FT Checkpoint support: no (checkpoint thread: no)

and in my MPI_Init_thread call, the provided flag is returned as

I was mainly concerned because we have a threaded middleware underneath to
communicate across MPI worlds that also uses the IB infrastructure and
verbs library, so I just wanted to get some clarity as to what exactly

Brian's answer seems to make perfect sense.