Subject: Re: [OMPI users] [EXTERNAL] MPI_THREAD_SINGLE vs. MPI_THREAD_FUNNELED
From: Jeff Hammond (jeff.science_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-10-23 13:47:18

On Wed, Oct 23, 2013 at 12:02 PM, Barrett, Brian W <bwbarre_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> On 10/22/13 10:23 AM, "Jai Dayal" <dayalsoap_at_[hidden]> wrote:
<snip>
> I'm asking because I'm using an open_mpi build ontop of infiniband, and the
> maximum thread mode is MPI_THREAD_SINGLE.
>

> That doesn't seem right; which version of Open MPI are you using?

The last time I looked at this, OpenMPI only supported
MPI_THREAD_SINGLE by default and if you ask for any higher thread
level, you get MPI_THREAD_MULTIPLE, which requires a configure-time
switch.

Maybe something has changed dramatically more recently than I tested.
Squyres told me some thread-oriented refactoring was going on. All of
this was over a year ago so it is entirely reasonable for me to be
wrong about all of this.

Jeff

--
Jeff Hammond