Subject: Re: [OMPI users] knem/openmpi performance?
From: Dave Love (d.love_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-10-15 10:24:18

[Meanwhile, much later...]

Mark Dixon <m.c.dixon_at_[hidden]> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I'm taking a look at knem, to see if it improves the performance of
> any applications on our QDR InfiniBand cluster, so I'm eager to hear
> about other people's experiences. This doesn't appear to have been
> discussed on this list before.
>
> I appreciate that any affect that knem will have is entirely dependent
> on the application, scale and input data, but:
>
> * Does anyone know of any examples of popular software packages that
> benefit particularly from the knem support in openmpi?

I unearthed an example for something that's relevant here and probably
there, assuming the code hasn't changed significantly in the meantime
and the calculation is representative:
http://www.hpcadvisorycouncil.com/pdf/CP2K_Analysis_and_Profiling_Intel.pdf
but I haven't had the opportunity to test it yet, and the test case I
had showed a different communication profile.

Did I the promised followup from someone with less positive results ever
appear?