Subject: Re: [OMPI users] non-functional mpif90 compiler
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres) (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-10-01 05:16:28

If you are using a TCP network for MPI communications, static is fine.

However, if you're trying to use an OS-bypass network such as InfiniBand, RoCE, or iWARP, using static libraries can be somewhat of a nightmare (because of how the OpenFabrics Verbs support libraries work). Specifically, I don't see the "openib" BTL plugin in your ompi_info output, meaning that your Open MPI installation is not capable of using InfiniBand/RoCE/iWARP.

So just be aware that with your current builds, you're basically TCP-only.