Subject: Re: [OMPI users] compilation aborted for Handler.cpp (code 2)
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres) (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-09-23 17:49:44

I suspect that something is wrong with your Intel C++ compiler installation, but you can simply avoid the issue if you add --disable-vt to Open MPI's ./configure command line. This will skip building the (optional) Vampir Trace package, which is where you are running into this problem (VT is written in C++; the vast majority of the rest of Open MPI is written in C).