Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Debugging Runtime/Ethernet Problems
From: Elken, Tom (tom.elken_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-09-20 11:05:14

> The trouble is when I try to add some "--mca" parameters to force it to
> use TCP/Ethernet, the program seems to hang. I get the headers of the
> "osu_bw" output, but no results, even on the first case (1 byte payload
> per packet). This is occurring on both the IB-enabled nodes, and on the
> Ethernet-only nodes. The specific syntax I was using was: "mpirun
> --mca btl ^openib --mca btl_tcp_if_exclude ib0 ./osu_bw"

When we want to run over TCP and IPoIB on an IB/PSM equipped cluster, we use:
--mca btl sm --mca btl tcp,self --mca btl_tcp_if_exclude eth0 --mca btl_tcp_if_include ib0 --mca mtl ^psm

based on this, it looks like the following might work for you:
--mca btl sm,tcp,self --mca btl_tcp_if_exclude ib0 --mca btl_tcp_if_include eth0 --mca btl ^openib

If you don't have ib0 ports configured on the IB nodes, probably you don't need the" --mca btl_tcp_if_exclude ib0."

-Tom