Subject: [OMPI users] how to build a relocatable OpenMPI RPM ?
From: caohaijun (amao.chj_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-09-09 23:02:21

Hi all

How to build a relocatable OpenMPI RPM ?

I just use the following command to build a OpenMPI RPM from SRPM.

rpmbuild --rebuild --define 'configure_options --with-devel-headers'
openmpi-1.7.2-1.src.rpm

It can successfully build the RPM. After installing with 'rpm -ivh
--prefix=/somewhere openmpi-1.7.2-1.x86_64.rpm', I tried to run a MPI
job, and then got:

# mpirun -bynode -hostfile ./hostfile -np 40 ./mpi/hello

Sorry! You were supposed to get help about:

    opal_init:startup:internal-failure

But I couldn't open the help file:

    /usr/share/openmpi/help-opal-runtime.txt: No such file or directory.
 Sorry!

Sorry! You were supposed to get help about:

    orte_init:startup:internal-failure

But I couldn't open the help file:

    /usr/share/openmpi/help-orte-runtime: No such file or directory. Sorry!

It seems the directory 'share' is supposed to be under /usr.

Anyone can help me?

--
   Best Regards!
            Jimmy Haijun Cao   (曹海军)