Subject: Re: [OMPI users] OMPI_LIST_GROW keeps allocating memory
From: Max Staufer (max.staufer_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-09-08 15:36:20

I will post a small example for testing.

It is interesting to note though that this happens only

when MPI_ALLREDUCE is called in a recursive kind of way.

Is there a possibility to limit the OMPI_free_list groth, via an --mca parameter ?

Date: Sun, 08 Sep 2013 14:51:44 +0200
From: Max Staufer <max.staufer_at_[hidden]>
To: users_at_[hidden]

Hi All,

  using ompi 1.4.5 or 1.6.5 for that matter, I came across an
interesting thing

when an MPI function is called from in a recusivly called subroutine
(Fortran Interface)
the MPI_ALLREDUCE function allocates memory in the OMPI_LIST_GROW functions.

It does this indefinitly. In our case OMPI allocated 100GB.

is there a method to limit this behaviour ?

thanks

Max