Subject: Re: [OMPI users] [EXTERNAL] Re: What version of PMI (Cray XE6) is working for OpenMPI-1.6.5?
From: Hjelm, Nathan T (hjelmn_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-08-30 11:49:47

Replace install_path to where you want Open MPI installed.

./configure --prefix=install_path --with-platform=contrib/platform/lanl/cray_xe6/optimized-luster
make install

To use Open MPI just set the PATH and LD_LIBRARY_PATH:

You can then use mpicc, mpicxx, mpif90, etc to compile and either mpirun or aprun to run. If you are running at scale I would recommend against using aprun for now. I also recommend you change your programming environment to either PrgEnv-gnu or PrgEnv-intel. The PGI compiler can be a PIA. It is possible to build with the Cray compiler but it takes patching the config.guess and changing some autoconf stuff.

Please excuse the horrible Outlook-style quoting.