Subject: [OMPI users] mpirun tries to ssh to local machine
From: Federico Carotenuto (carotenuto_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-08-26 06:15:25

Hi all,

I'm currently having this issue with mpirun: I want to launch a
program only on the cores of the local machine, but every time I run
an mpi program it says that the host 127.0.0.1 <local_machine_name>
with it's associated key is unkown and asks me if I want to add it to
the list of ssh known hosts.

By chowing/chmodding the .ssh file I was able to permanently add this
"host" to the list of known hosts, but my problem is that every
program that I try to run ask me to insert a password (the actual
local user password) n times where n is equal to the -np parameter
(i.e.: if I run the program on 8 cores I receive 8 successive password
pronts).

If I insert the password everything runs fine, but it's quite annoying
and I wish to bypass such step: is there a way to have mpirun memorize
the password? Or make him understand that the 8 nodes are actually 8
cores on the local machine and not 8 different hosts?

Thanks!