Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Problem compiling 1.7.2 on Mac OS 10.8 with gcc 4.8
From: Bert Wesarg (bert.wesarg_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-08-21 07:07:30

Hugo,

On Tue, Aug 20, 2013 at 6:09 PM, Hugo Gagnon
<opensource.openmpi_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm encountering this error during "make all":

> "___atomic_fetch_add_4", referenced from:
> std::locale::locale<SpaceSeparator>(std::locale const&,
> SpaceSeparator*) in otfprofile-create_latex.o
>
> See attached for the complete output.

while I'm not a Mac use at all, but I have colleques which developed
this code in question on there Mac system and do not have this error.
I can only guess that the used MacPorts GCC is somehow is broken. If
at all this reference to the function comes from inside the C++ STL
headers, not from the to be compiled code. Thus maybe the wrong C++
STL headers are used. Could you provide the preprocessed output of the
otfprofile-create_latex.o target. Than we could check from where the
STL headers are taken.

HTH,
Bert