Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Finalize() does not return
From: Gus Correa (gus_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-08-13 15:20:11

Hi Chris

As you said, pending prior communication,
is a candidate.
Another that I saw is MPI_Finalize inside a conditional,
where the condition may or may not be met by all ranks:
if (condition) {
MPI_Finalize();
}

Regardless of the cause,
to check the ranks that reach MPI_Finalize,
did you try the old-fashioned printf commands right before
MPI_Finalize?
Something like this:

printf("Rank %d before MPI_Finalize\n",myrank);
fflush(stdout);
MPI_Finalize();

or Fortran:

print *, 'Rank ', myrank, ' before MPI_Finalize'
call flush(6)
call MPI_Finalize(ierror)

My two cents,
Gus Correa