Subject: Re: [OMPI users] After OS Update MPI_Init fails on one host
From: Ralph Castain (rhc_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-07-23 15:03:33

That's understandable - if you don't disable xml2, then hwloc uses the xml2 library to do the topology encoding. We rely on their internal "quasi-xml" encoding method, which I believe provides some different data (and definitely different format). I suspect this is causing the confusion, though it is strange since we have them encode and decode it - you would think the routines come from the same place and would be compatible.

Could be something hwloc needs to look at.