Subject: Re: [OMPI users] After OS Update MPI_Init fails on one host
From: Kevin H. Hobbs (hobbsk_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-07-23 09:50:20

On 07/23/2013 09:36 AM, Ralph Castain wrote:
> The Fedora package is built optimized, so no OMPI debugging output is
> available and a debugger won't tell us a lot.

The fedora package comes with a debuginfo package that has everything
gdb needs to let me step through the openmpi functions.

I also have the source .rpm installed I can just change the .spec and
rebuild any way you want.

The trouble is there is a lot of unpack this... unpack that... before
the debugger gets to the error....

Ahhh! I forgot about 'step count'. I can narrow down on this MUCH more
closely in a hours.