Subject: Re: [OMPI users] After OS Update MPI_Init fails on one host
From: Kevin H. Hobbs (hobbsk_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-07-20 16:07:37

On 07/20/2013 10:28 AM, Ralph Castain wrote:
> avoid the packages as you have no idea how they were built

So I built openmpi-1.6.5 from the tar ball and of course
everything works fine.... well my simple program got through
Mpi_init and printed its rank.

I configured it very simply :

  ./configure --prefix=/opt/openmpi-1.6.5

and I noticed that the generated program does not link hwloc like
the program did when I used the system mpicc.

I looked at the installed the openmpi source rpm and took a look
at the configure section and it uses --with-hwloc=/usr so I
reconfigured the openmpi-1.6.5 source with :

  ./configure \
    --prefix=/opt/openmpi-1.6.5 \
    --with-hwloc=/usr

and when I rebuilt my program with the generated openmpi my error
returns.