Subject: Re: [OMPI users] knem/openmpi performance?
From: Brice Goglin (Brice.Goglin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-07-18 07:30:22

Le 18/07/2013 13:23, Dave Love a écrit :
> Mark Dixon <m.c.dixon_at_[hidden]> writes:
>
>> On Mon, 15 Jul 2013, Elken, Tom wrote:
>>> Hope these anecdotes are relevant to Open MPI users considering knem.
>>
>> Brilliantly useful, thanks! It certainly looks like it may be greatly
>> significant for some applications. Worth looking into.
> For general interest: there were some in the INRIA publications list,
> and I think possibly from UTK. The papers also reference the previous,
> less general, implementations (e.g. in MX as well as kcopy -- not that
> I'm aware of kcopy making much difference to things running here).
>
> Maybe Brice can comment some time (post-vacances?).

Right, UTK did quite a lot of work on optimizing collectives over KNEM
and looking at the impact on several applications. Have a look at the
bottom of http://runtime.bordeaux.inria.fr/knem/ for references.

On the Inria side, we mostly focused on KNEM itself, the main
publication about this lower-level side of the software stack is the
2013 JPDC article (there's a link in the above URL too).

Brice