Subject: [OMPI users] max. message size
From: mohammad assadsolimani (m.assadsolimani_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-07-17 04:51:34

Dear all,

I do my PhD in physics and use a program, which uses openmpi for
a sophisticated calculation.
But there is a Problem with "max. message size ". That is limited to ~2GB.
Someone suggested that I have to use chunks i.e. I have to
disassemble the massages
in smaller massages. That might be nice, but I do not know how?
I often was searching the last time in internet however I did not get
an example.
Is there any other possibility to increase this volume without manipulation of
the code?

The version of my ompi: mpirun (Open MPI) 1.5.5

I am very grateful for all of your help and thank you in advanced
Mohammad

Webmail: http://mail.livenet.ch
Glauben entdecken: http://www.jesus.ch
Christliches Webportal: http://www.livenet.ch