Subject: [OMPI users] knem/openmpi performance?
From: Mark Dixon (m.c.dixon_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-07-12 05:07:21

Hi,

I'm taking a look at knem, to see if it improves the performance of any
applications on our QDR InfiniBand cluster, so I'm eager to hear about
other people's experiences. This doesn't appear to have been discussed on
this list before.

I appreciate that any affect that knem will have is entirely dependent on
the application, scale and input data, but:

* Does anyone know of any examples of popular software packages that
benefit particularly from the knem support in openmpi?

* Has anyone noticed any downsides to using knem?

Thanks,

Mark

Mark Dixon                       Email    : m.c.dixon_at_[hidden]
HPC/Grid Systems Support         Tel (int): 35429
Information Systems Services     Tel (ext): +44(0)113 343 5429
University of Leeds, LS2 9JT, UK