Subject: Re: [OMPI users] undefined reference to `MPI::Comm::Comm()
From: Jeff Hammond (jeff.science_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-07-09 10:39:21

You must be using an older version of Gromacs, because the version I'm
looking at (git master) has nary a reference to the C++ bindings.

Since you say that Gromacs alone compiles fine, I suspect the problem
is that Plumed uses the C++ bindings. The Plumed download site hosted
by Google Docs (yuck!) is down/broken/in-redirect-hell so I can't
verify this hypothesis right now.

Jeff

On Tue, Jul 9, 2013 at 8:44 AM, Jeff Squyres (jsquyres)
<jsquyres_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> If you care, the issue is that it looks like Gromacs is using the MPI C++ bindings. You therefore need to use the MPI C++ wrapper compiler, mpic++ (vs. mpicc, which is the MPI C wrapper compiler).
>

> On Jul 9, 2013, at 9:41 AM, Tomek Wlodarski <tomek.wlodarski_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>
>> I used mpicc but when I switched in Makefile to mpic++ it compiled
>> without errors.
>> Thanks a lot!
>> Best,
>>
>> tomek
>>
>> On Tue, Jul 9, 2013 at 2:31 PM, Jeff Squyres (jsquyres)
>> <jsquyres_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>>> I don't see all the info requested from that web page, but it looks like OMPI built the C++ bindings ok.
>>>
>>> Did you use mpic++ to build Gromacs?

>>> --
>>> Jeff Squyres
>>> jsquyres_at_[hidden]