Open MPI logo

Open MPI User's Mailing List Archives

  |   Home   |   Support   |   FAQ   |   all Open MPI User's mailing list

Subject: Re: [OMPI users] undefined reference to `MPI::Comm::Comm()
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres) (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-07-09 08:44:09


Please send all the information listed here:

    http://www.open-mpi.org/community/help/

On Jul 9, 2013, at 8:36 AM, Tomek Wlodarski <tomek.wlodarski_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to locally compile software which uses openmpi (1.6.3),
> but I got this error:
>
> restraint_camshift2.o:(.toc+0x98): undefined reference to
> `ompi_mpi_cxx_op_intercept'
> restraint_camshift2.o: In function `Intracomm':
> /home/users/didymos/openmpi-1.6.3/include/openmpi/ompi/mpi/cxx/intracomm.h:25:
> undefined reference to `MPI::Comm::Comm()'
> /home/users/didymos/openmpi-1.6.3/include/openmpi/ompi/mpi/cxx/intracomm.h:25:
> undefined reference to `MPI::Comm::Comm()'
> restraint_camshift2.o: In function `Intracomm':
> /home/users/didymos/openmpi-1.6.3/include/openmpi/ompi/mpi/cxx/intracomm_inln.h:23:
> undefined reference to `MPI::Comm::Comm()'
> restraint_camshift2.o: In function `Intracomm':
> /home/users/didymos/openmpi-1.6.3/include/openmpi/ompi/mpi/cxx/intracomm.h:25:
> undefined reference to `MPI::Comm::Comm()'
> /home/users/didymos/openmpi-1.6.3/include/openmpi/ompi/mpi/cxx/intracomm.h:25:
> undefined reference to `MPI::Comm::Comm()'
> restraint_camshift2.o:/home/users/didymos/openmpi-1.6.3/include/openmpi/ompi/mpi/cxx/intracomm.h:25:
> more undefined references to `MPI::Comm::Comm()' follow
> restraint_camshift2.o:(.data.rel.ro._ZTVN3MPI3WinE[_ZTVN3MPI3WinE]+0x48):
> undefined reference to `MPI::Win::Free()'
> restraint_camshift2.o:(.data.rel.ro._ZTVN3MPI8DatatypeE[_ZTVN3MPI8DatatypeE]+0x78):
> undefined reference to `MPI::Datatype::Free()'
> collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
> make[3]: *** [mdrun] Error 1
> make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/users/didymos/src/gromacs-4.5.5/src/kernel'
> make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/users/didymos/src/gromacs-4.5.5/src'
> make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/users/didymos/src/gromacs-4.5.5/src'
> make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
>
> I am using gcc 4.7.3
> Any ideas or suggestions?
> Thanks!
> Best,
>
> tomek
> _______________________________________________
> users mailing list
> users_at_[hidden]
> http://www.open-mpi.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/users

-- 
Jeff Squyres
jsquyres_at_[hidden]
For corporate legal information go to: http://www.cisco.com/web/about/doing_business/legal/cri/