Subject: Re: [OMPI users] errors trying to run a simple mpi task
From: dani (dani_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-06-24 18:16:22

OK, I see the part I missed - changing the MTT parameters for mlx4_core.
My only issue is that currently there is no num_mtt or log_num_mtt, but there is log_mtts_per_seg in /sys/module/mlx4_core/parameters
Has the parameter names changed? I know I can simply set log_mtts_per_seg to 5 (it's currently 3) but the discussion at the mailing list ( seems to indicate it's better to use numerous small chunks to avoid fragmentation.

Can you, or anyone else, provide documentation for the current parameters of mlx4_core? I can't locate it in the mellanox or ofed sites.

On 24/06//2013 18:02, Jeff Squyres (jsquyres) wrote:
On Jun 23, 2013, at 3:21 PM, dani <> wrote:

See this Open MPI FAQ item for more information on these Linux kernel module
BTW, the node has 64GB total ram. Is it possible openmpi is limited to only 32GB? or possibly the ofed installation has such a limit?

See the FAQ item cited in the help message for more detail.