Subject: [OMPI users] OpenMPI on Windows - policy
From: Mathieu Gontier (mathieu.gontier_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-06-24 15:42:57

Dear all,

I have used OpenMPI since more than a decade and I convinced my technical
director to use it into official releases of our commercial applications 4
years ago. It solved all our problems and user are quite happy of it.

Now, I am looking for a good Windows MPI solution and I am testing
OpenMPI-1.6.3 from the Windows installers I downloaded few weeks ago. But
I am wondering what is the long term support? Indeed, the version 1.6.4
only propose a version for Cygwin.

So, does someone can share any information about the Windows support for
the coming versions? I am mainly interested in Windows installers, Cygwin
support does not really match with my expectations and constraints.

Thanks a lot,
Mathieu.

--
Mathieu Gontier