Subject: Re: [OMPI users] OpenMPI 1.6.4 and Intel Composer_xe_2013.4.183: problem with remote runs, orted: error while loading shared libraries: libimf.so
From: thomas.forde_at_[hidden]
Date: 2013-06-21 03:30:01

hi Stefano

your error message show that you are missing a shared library, not
necessary that library path is wrong.

do you actually have libimf.so, can you find the file on your system.

./Thomas

From: Stefano Zaghi <stefano.zaghi_at_[hidden]>
To: users_at_[hidden],
Date: 21.06.2013 09:27
Subject: [OMPI users] OpenMPI 1.6.4 and Intel
Composer_xe_2013.4.183: problem with remote runs, orted: error while
Sent by: users-bounces_at_[hidden]

Dear All,
I have compiled OpenMPI 1.6.4 with Intel Composer_xe_2013.4.183.

My configure is:

./configure --prefix=/home/stefano/opt/mpi/openmpi/1.6.4/intel CC=icc
CXX=icpc F77=ifort FC=ifort

Intel Composer has been installed in:

/home/stefano/opt/intel/2013.4.183/composer_xe_2013.4.183

Into the .bashrc and .profile in all nodes there is:

source /home/stefano/opt/intel/2013.4.183/bin/compilervars.sh intel64
export MPI=/home/stefano/opt/mpi/openmpi/1.6.4/intel
export PATH=${MPI}/bin:$PATH
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=${MPI}/lib/openmpi:${MPI}/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
export LD_RUN_PATH=${MPI}/lib/openmpi:${MPI}/lib:$LD_RUN_PATH

If I run parallel job into each single node (e.g. mpirun -np 8 myprog) all
works well. However, when I tried to run parallel job in more nodes of the
cluster (remote runs) like the following:

mpirun -np 16 --bynode --machinefile nodi.txt -x LD_LIBRARY_PATH -x
LD_RUN_PATH myprog

I got the following error:

/home/stefano/opt/mpi/openmpi/1.6.4/intel/bin/orted: error while loading
shared libraries: libimf.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file
or directory

I have read many FAQs and online resources, all indicating LD_LIBRARY_PATH
as the possible problem (wrong setting). However I am not able to figure
out what is going wrong, the LD_LIBRARY_PATH seems to set right in all
nodes.

It is worth noting that in the same cluster I have successful installed
OpenMPI 1.4.3 with Intel Composer_xe_2011_sp1.6.233 following exactly the
same procedure.

Thank you in advance for all suggestion,
sincerely

Stefano Zaghi
Ph.D. Aerospace Engineer,
Research Scientist, Dept. of Computational Hydrodynamics at CNR-INSEAN
The Italian Ship Model Basin
(+39) 06.50299297 (Office)
My codes:
OFF, Open source Finite volumes Fluid dynamics code
Lib_VTK_IO, a Fortran library to write and read data conforming the VTK
standard
IR_Precision, a Fortran (standard 2003) module to develop portable codes

Denne e-posten kan innehalde informasjon som er konfidensiell
og/eller underlagt lovbestemt teieplikt. Kun den tiltenkte adressat har
adgang
til å lese eller vidareformidle denne e-posten eller tilhøyrande vedlegg.
Dersom De ikkje er den tiltenkte mottakar, vennligst kontakt avsendar pr
e-post, slett denne e-posten med vedlegg og makuler samtlige utskrifter og
kopiar av den.

This e-mail may contain confidential information, or otherwise
be protected against unauthorised use. Any disclosure, distribution or
other use of the information by anyone but the intended recipient is
strictly prohibited.
If you have received this e-mail in error, please advise the sender by
immediate reply and destroy the received documents and any copies hereof.

PBefore
printing, think about the environment