Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Detecting Node Failure
From: Andreas Schäfer (gentryx_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-06-20 17:57:58

On 14:59 Thu 20 Jun , Ralph Castain wrote:
> It should detect and abort - what version are you using?

Would it be possible to call MPI_Comm_disconnect() in the case the
communicator in question is an intercom -- without having OMPI abort?

I'm asking because if we had a possibility to dynamically
connect/disconnect nodes in a robust way, then we could build
fault-resilient apps on top of that.

Best
-Andreas

Andreas Schäfer
HPC and Grid Computing
Chair of Computer Science 3
Friedrich-Alexander-Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg, Germany
+49 9131 85-27910
PGP/GPG key via keyserver
http://www.libgeodecomp.org
(\___/)
(+'.'+)
(")_(")
This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
signature to help him gain world domination!