Subject: Re: [OMPI users] openmpi 1.6.3 fails to identify local host if its IP is 127.0.1.1
From: Riccardo Murri (riccardo.murri_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-06-19 16:17:34

On 19 June 2013 20:42, Ralph Castain <rhc_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> I'm assuming that the offending host has some other address besides
> just 127.0.1.1 as otherwise it couldn't connect to anything.

Yes, it has an IP on some 10.x.x.x network.

> I'm heading out the door for a couple of weeks, but can try to look at it when I return.

We have a workaround (just create the hostfile using FQDNs -- actually
FQDNs or UQDNS depending on what `uname -n` returns), so it's
definitely not urgent for us. But if you think it's a bug worth
fixing, I can provide details and/or test code.

Thanks,
Riccardo