Subject: Re: [OMPI users] openmpi 1.6.3 fails to identify local host if its IP is 127.0.1.1
From: Riccardo Murri (riccardo.murri_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-06-19 09:26:50

Hi,

(colleague of OP here)

On 19 June 2013 15:09, Ralph Castain <rhc_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> I don't see a hostfile on your command line - so I assume you are using a
> default hostfile? What is in it?

The hostfile comes from the batch system; it just contains the
unqualified host names:

    $ cat $TMPDIR/machines
    nh64-1-17
    nh64-1-17

No problem if we modify the setup script to create the hostfile using
FQDNs instead. (`uname -n` returns the FQDN, not the unqualified host name.)

Thanks,
Riccardo

--
Riccardo Murri