Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Oversubcription for mimd/mpmd mpiruns
From: Nima Aghajari (greyy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-06-06 12:29:50

Hello,
first of all thanks for your reply. I tried specifying the --slot-list option like you proposed. This will unfortunately lead to the same mpirun with 5 cores. Adding another slot-list command for the second program, e.g.

     mpirun -np 4 --slot-list 0-3 prog_1 : -np 1 --slot-list 0 prog_2

will actually run on only 4 cores, but now it takes more than triple the time as needed before on 5 cores. I suppose there should be some overhead because of the oversubscription but that definitely seems too much. Any suggestions?