Subject: [OMPI users] problem with -lmpi
From: Florian Beutler (fbeutler_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-06-05 14:03:39

Hi
I just installed openMPI and the installation works without any trouble.
But when I want to use the mpif90 compiler, it gives me the following error

bash-3.2$ mpif90 -lmpi
ld: library not found for -lmpi

I was wondering whether there is a configure flag which I forgot to set? My
configure command is

./configure FC=ifort MPIFC=mpif90 --prefix=/usr/local/openmpi 2>&1 | tee
config.out

so I am using the ifort compiler. I attached the output files

I am using mpich-3.0.4 on Mac OS 10.8.2

I set the following paths in my .bashrc file

PATH=/usr/local/openmpi/bin:$PATH ; export PATH
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/openmpi/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH ; export
LD_LIBRARY_PATH
DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH ; export DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH

any help is highly appreciated
thanks
florian