Subject: Re: [OMPI users] basic questions about compiling OpenMPI
From: Paul Kapinos (kapinos_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-05-22 11:34:12

On 05/22/13 17:08, Blosch, Edwin L wrote:
> Apologies for not exploring the FAQ first.

No comments =)

> If I want to use Intel or PGI compilers but link against the OpenMPI that ships with RedHat Enterprise Linux 6 (compiled with g++ I presume), are there any issues to watch out for, during linking?

At least, the Fortran-90 bindings ("use mpi") won't work at all (they're
compiler-dependent.

So, our way is to compile a version of Open MPI with each compiler. I think this
is recommended.

Note also that the version of Open MPI shipped with Linux is usuallu a bit dusty.

--
Dipl.-Inform. Paul Kapinos   -   High Performance Computing,
Seffenter Weg 23,  D 52074  Aachen (Germany)