Subject: [OMPI users] MPIIO max record size
From: Tom Rosmond (rosmond_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-05-21 15:18:58

Hello:

A colleague and I are running an atmospheric ensemble data assimilation
system using MPIIO. We find that if for an individual
MPI_FILE_READ_AT_ALL the block of data read exceeds 2**31 elements, the
program fails. Our application is 32 bit fortran (Intel), so we
certainly can see why this might be expected. Is this the case? We
have a workaround by doing multiple reads from the file while moving the
file view, so it isn't a serious problem.

Thanks for any advice or suggestions

T. Rosmond