Subject: [OMPI users] opening a file with MPI-IO
From: Peter van Hoof (p.vanhoof_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-05-17 05:00:36

Dear users,

I have been banging my head against the wall for some time to find a
reliable and portable way to determine if a call to MPI::File::Open()
was successful or not.

Let me give some background information first. We develop an open-source
astrophysical modeling code called Cloudy. This is used by many
scientists on a variety of platforms. We obviously have no control over
the MPI version that is installed on that platform, it may not even be
open-MPI. So what we need is a method that is supported by all MPI distros.

Our code is written in C++, so we use the C++ version of the MPI and
MPI-IO libraries.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Peter.