Subject: Re: [OMPI users] How to Read the Rank from the MPI_TASK
From: deepak mehta (godeepakm_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-05-10 16:55:32

Hello Ralph,Your suggestion did the trick.

>> I don't remember back to 1.4.3, but I think it was true even that long ago - we provide an environmental variable OMPI_COMM_WORLD_RANK that holds the rank of the process. Out of curiosity if I want to learn more about this topic in detail what would be a good place to start.
Thank You for your help.Regards,Deepak

From: godeepakm_at_[hidden]
To: users_at_[hidden]
Subject: How to Read the Rank from the MPI_TASK
Date: Fri, 10 May 2013 20:39:34 +0000

The MPI Command that I am executing is as followsmpirun -np 3 helloWorld.sh
What I want to know how what parameter do I need to pass from the mpirun command line so that I can read the rank for each task within my helloWorld Shell Script.
Please excuse me if this is a duplicate entry. I have searched through all the forums and did not get the answer to my question.Thanks in advance for all your help.Regards,Deepak