Subject: Re: [OMPI users] /usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible ......
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres) (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-05-09 08:32:28

I think you cited the correct prior thread on the OMPI users list, and I think it correctly identifies the problem: the linker is finding the "wrong" library first, determines that it is wrong, and skips it.

You probably should remove the "wrong" library from your LD_LIBRARY_PATH (e.g., if you're building for 64 bit, then remove the 32 bit library dir, and vice versa). You *might* be able to remove both of those directories from your LD_LIBRARY_PATH, because gcc might be searching those directories anyway (because it knows where it built/installed itself, unless you moved the tree after installation).

Regardless, this is really more of a gcc question than an Open MPI question, because you probably have this same problem with anything that you compile with this compiler, right?