Subject: Re: [OMPI users] MPI for real time analysis
From: Andreas Schäfer (gentryx_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-05-08 11:05:34

Dear Mr. Bean,

On 07:54 Wed 08 May , Robobeans wrote:
> > Are people in community using MPI libraries in their application
> for real time processing / analytics?

Yes.

> I have access to a cluster with infiniband and want to test millions
> of hypotheses and depending upon which one passed would run an
> aggregate function over them. I would like to achieve a subsecond
> response for this and was wondering how one could take care of the
> network calls overhead? Thanks!

You'd need to tell us in more detail what you are trying to build.
No one can give you advice with so little information. Otherwise i
might just say "use MPI and you're done".

In any case this is probably not the right mailinglist to ask these
questions as this list is specifically for Open MPI, not MPI in
general.

Best
-Andreas

Andreas Schäfer
HPC and Grid Computing
Chair of Computer Science 3
Friedrich-Alexander-Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg, Germany
+49 9131 85-27910
PGP/GPG key via keyserver
http://www.libgeodecomp.org
(\___/)
(+'.'+)
(")_(")
This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
signature to help him gain world domination!