Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Help diagnosing problem: not being able to run MPI code across computers
From: Angel de Vicente (angelv_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-05-07 01:05:33

Hi,

"Jeff Squyres (jsquyres)" <jsquyres_at_[hidden]> writes:
>>> I'm starting to think that perhaps is a firewall issue? I don't have
>>> root access in these machines but I'll try to investigate.

> A simple test is to try any socket-based server app between the two
> machines that opens a random listening socket. Try to telnet to it
> from the other machine. If it fails to connect, then you likely have
> a firewalling issue.

yes, that's just what I did with orted. I saw the port that it was
trying to connect and telnet to it, and I got "No route to host", so
that's why I was going the firewall path. Hopefully the sysadmins can
disable the firewall for the internal network today, and I can see if
that solves the issue.

Thanks,

--
Ángel de Vicente