Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Help diagnosing problem: not being able to run MPI code across computers
From: Angel de Vicente (angelv_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-05-06 05:10:51

Hi,

Ralph Castain <rhc_at_[hidden]> writes:

> On May 4, 2013, at 4:54 PM, Angel de Vicente <angelv_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>>
>> Is there any way to dump details of what OpenMPI is trying to do in each
>> node, so I can see if it is looking for different libraries in each
>> node, or something similar?

thanks for the suggestions, but I'm still stuck:

> What I do is simply "ssh ompi_info -V" to each remote node and compare
> results - you should get the same answer everywhere.

exactly the same information in the three connected machines

> Another option in these situations is to configure
> --enable-orterun-prefix-by-default. If you install in the same
> location on each node (e.g., on an NSF mount), then this will ensure
> you get that same library.

Re-configured and re-compiled OpenMPI, but I get the same behaviour.

I'm starting to think that perhaps is a firewall issue? I don't have
root access in these machines but I'll try to investigate.

Cheers,

--
Ángel de Vicente
http://angel-de-vicente.blogspot.com/