Subject: Re: [OMPI users] QLogic HCA random crash after prolonged use
From: Elken, Tom (tom.elken_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-04-24 12:52:52

I guess the more important part of what I wrote is that " These SDR HCAs are no longer supported" :)

> Do you mean they should work with the latest infinipath libraries
> (despite what it said or implied in the notes for last version I got
> from QLogic?) or possibly what's in RHEL? I thought I'd actually tried
> and failed with later stuff, but may just have gone by the release notes.
Some testing from an Intel group who had these QLE7140 HCAs revealed to me that they do _not_ work with our recent software stack such as IFS 7.1.1 (which includes OFED .

They were able to get them to work with the QLogic OFED+ 6.0.2 stack. That corresponds to OFED 1.5.2 -- that was the first OFED to include PSM.
I am providing this info as a courtesy, but not making any guarantees that it will work.

> > You can get the driver (ib_qib) and PSM library from OFED or
> > the current release OFED 3.5.
> I wonder if there's a version of the driver that's known to work in a
> current RHEL5 system with QLE7140. We get frequent qib-related kernel
> panics from a vanilla RHEL5.9 kernel
The older QLogic and OFED stacks mentioned above were not ported to nor tested with RHEL 5.9, which did not exist at the time. Sorry.

 -- after running OK under test for