Subject: Re: [OMPI users] MPI based HLA/RTI ?
From: Ralph Castain (rhc_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-04-15 11:10:06

FWIW: some of us are working on a variant of MPI that would indeed support what you describe - it would support send/recv (i.e., MPI-1), but not collectives, and so would allow communication between arbitrary programs.

Not specifically targeting HLA/RTI, though I suppose a wrapper that conformed to that standard could be created.