Subject: [OMPI users] 1.7 hangs with --preload-binary
From: Thomas Vacek (vacek008_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-04-09 19:30:35

I just built 1.7. If I distribute the binary, it works fine. If I use the
--preload-binary option, it prints

[warn] opal_libevent2019_event_base_loop: reentrant invocation. Only one
event_base_loop can run on each event_base at once.

many times per second.

I have bit of an odd configuration: The admins in my organization are too
busy to support us, so the installation is in a home folder rather than in
the system folders. That also means no NFS, so it's kind of nice to have
the binary distributed by the root node. I configured with
--disable-dlopen, and use -x PATH -x LD_LIBRARY_PATH in the mpirun
invocation. As I said, it works fine if the binary is pre-distributed, but
the --preload-binary and ---preload-files options both cause this problem.
 This problem occurs with the head node and one slave---I haven't tried
larger configurations.

Thanks,

Tom