Subject: [OMPI users] Persistent Communication using MPI_SEND_INIT, MPI_RECV_INIT etc.
From: Timothy Stitt (Timothy.Stitt.9_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-03-25 22:21:49

Hi all,

I've inherited a MPI code that was written ~8-10 years ago and it predominately uses MPI persistent communication routines for data transfers e.g. MPI_SEND_INIT, MPI_RECV_INIT, MPI_START etc. I was just wondering if using persistent communication calls is still the most efficient/scalable way to perform communication when the communication pattern is known and fixed amongst neighborhood processes? We regularly run the code across an IB network so would there be a benefit to rewrite the code using another approach (e.g. MPI one-sided communication)?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Tim.